Monday, November 07, 2011

"Jealousy is Just Love and Hate at the Same Time"

Welp...the day we've all been waiting for. Some liken it to an early Christmas, but if I were a betting man, I would not be afraid to predict that the majority of my presents this Christmas will not be as fulfilling as the first listen of Take Care. All it took was a few listens to tracks like the one below, Over My Dead Body and Take a Shot and I was sold. On first listen, the comparisons to So Far Gone are fair and have the potential to undersell the potential of the album.

The best part of today's leak? Drake's reaction or lack thereof. In a world where artists are quick to get insecure and lash out via Twitter, in essence biting the hands that ultimately feed them, Drake instead took the high road by remaining positive that it only leaked a week before it hits shelves.

Isn't he the type of dude you just want to support? He knows your mind is mostly made up if you choose to download the leak, but is so grounded and confident in his product that he has the audacity to look a potential theif in the eye and say, "You know what, you're gonna feel so damn guilty when you listen to this that you're going to want to pay for it." I paraphrase, but in essence that's what he's saying and I find his demeanor somewhere in between badass and exemplary. You're going to be better off by listening to him, simple as that.

I never thought I'd compare any release of his to his first mixtape and maybe I'm a victim of the moment who has a very skewed view, but the indications are pointing toward greatness for @drake's sophomore album. I rarely have time to do album reviews, but I WILL make an exception for this album in the coming week or so. At the risk of making too many knee jerk reactions from one lap around Take Care, I'm gonna use a little self restraint and let it soak in a bit before I gush too much. For now, enjoy the first track below and let the @OVO40 beat marinade a bit as Drizzy kicks off his new story with help from @chantalkreviaz...

Drake - Over My Dead Body (prod by Noah "40" Shebib)
|iTunes

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker